Challenges Faced by .NET team / Pedal to the Metal: Update Performance Improvements in Entity Framework Core 7.0
11 May 2023
Challenges Faced by .NET team
Expect deep dive into a few interesting investigations we faced on the .NET team in the last decade.
There will be stories about:
- Investigations spanning years
- Dormant bugs coming to life after a decade
- Root-causes leading to surprising places
- How we rooted-cause problems with minimal information available
- Shocking impact of bugs on real world
We will also cover:
- Root-causing HW bugs (avoid the one-machine problem)
- The value and art of minimal repro
- Innovation and compatibility - the age-old rivals
Karel is on .NET team since 2005:
- Started as developer on Runtime/CLR components (7 years).
- Manager of reliability and performance team (incl. Quick Response Team) (3 years).
- Manager of .NET Native toolchain team (1 year).
- Community manager of CoreFX repo and Manager of a few CoreFX/BCL areas like Networking (3 years).
- Manager of Networking team (since 2019).
Pedal to the Metal: Update Performance Improvements in Entity Framework Core 7.0
In this talk we'll explore some of the exciting performance optimizations introduced in the recently-released Entity Framework Core 7.0. We'll dive under the hood to see how EF works hard to eliminate unneeded network roundtrips when saving your data, and introduce new, user-friendly APIS optimized for database bulk operations.
Shay is a Principal software engineer working on .NET data access and performance, a member of the Entity Framework team at Microsoft. Lead developer of Npgsql, the PostgreSQL provider.
The address: Theater De Brink, Brainport human campus, Vlamovenweg 4, 5708 HZ Helmond.
For more information, see the map on the website of Brainport Human Campus: Plattegrond Brainport Human Campus
- 17:30 - 18:30 Walk-in & Dinner
- 18:30 - 19:15 Challenges Faced by .NET team by Karel Zikmund
- 19:15 - 19:30 Break
- 19:30 - 20:15 Pedal to the Metal: Update Performance Improvements in Entity Framework Core 7.0 by Shay Rojansky
- 20:15 - 21:00 Drinks and socializing